Where to visit.

I'm staying with my parents in Woodbridge, VA for christmas break. I had to bring my tank with me from school in Michigan and I'd love to take something back from here. I searched on google but it didn't give me the information I was looking for. Can anyone suggest some good saltwater stores to visit?

Let's see, for local, you've got any of the sponsors that we have here on our sponsor page:

http://www.wamas.org/sponsors.php

There's Blue Ribbon Koi in Manassas and Petland in Fairfax. A longer drive to Ashburn will get you to Fins and Feathers. Across the river in Maryland, you'll find Roozens Nursery.

There's also Atlantis Aquariums down in Richmond (seeing how you're halfway there in Woodbridge - from my perspective, that is) if you're up for a road trip. Mr. Coral's up in Frederick, MD - it's mostly frags.

What are you looking to take back, exactly?

Let's see, for local, you've got any of the sponsors that we have here on our sponsor page:

There's Blue Ribbon Koi in Manassas and Petland in Fairfax. A longer drive to Ashburn will get you to Fins and Feathers. Across the river in Maryland, you'll find Roozens Nursery.

There's also Atlantis Aquariums down in Richmond (seeing how you're halfway there in Woodbridge - from my perspective, that is) if you're up for a road trip. Mr. Coral's up in Frederick, MD - it's mostly frags.

I've only got room for a ten gallon in my dorm, so frags are right up my alley. I'm partial to lps, I'd love to find some multi-colored acans.

I've only got room for a ten gallon in my dorm, so frags are right up my alley. I'm partial to lps, I'd love to find some multi-colored acans.

Then check out Mr. Coral, and Fins and Feathers. Both have some nice stuff in the way of Acans. I can't recall if BRK (Blue Ribbon Koi) does much with Acans - you may want to call or stop by. I believe that they're having an open house this weekend, too. Their number is 703-753-7566 if you want to call first.

Pristine Aquariums also (Alexandria, VA)

That is a great map!! It would be great to update this too as there are a few other places that could be added.

This brings up a loose end that I need to follow up....