Need help with Vortech MP10

BowieReefer84

My vortech is not running well. Even at full blast their is not much water being pushed. It used to ROCK the entire tank. It is clean, and I cleaned it again just because. Really not sure what to do. Left a voicemail on their customer support line.

Anyone know who to contact that may be the best to speak with?

sigh,

Mike

make sure that the prop didn't come loose.

Is the propeller supposed to be permanently attached to magnet on wet side with case loose in-between (that may or may not make sense)? my prop is separated.... oops. I'll try a dab of super-glue, or cough up $20 if that does not work.

thanks Rob. let me know if this is what you meant.

Is the propeller supposed to be permanently attached to magnet on wet side with case loose in-between (that may or may not make sense)? my prop is separated.... oops. I'll try a dab of super-glue, or cough up $20 if that does not work.

thanks Rob. let me know if this is what you meant.

I had the same problem when I got my MP10, I contacted their tech support but checked my MP40's and the prop is supposed to be connected to the magnet. I superglued it into place but the tech guy said it wouldn't hold, that's was a year ago

Tony

I had the same problem when I got my MP10, I contacted their tech support but checked my MP40's and the prop is supposed to be connected to the magnet. I superglued it into place but the tech guy said it wouldn't hold, that's was a year ago

Tony

I just glued it, but now it is LOUD. Lots of vibration, despite lining it up. I know they are never completely quiet, but it is much louder than usual. I'll order a new prop ($20)....

If that does not quiet it down, I will get with tech support. I am not trying to pay for anything more than the prop.

dang

If you completely disassemble the wet side and then put it all back together, you'll see that the nut holds the prop securely but if you overtighten it, it makes the magnet/prop assembly hard to turn and noisy. Do not use superglue.

If you completely disassemble the wet side and then put it all back together, you'll see that the nut holds the prop securely but if you overtighten it, it makes the magnet/prop assembly hard to turn and noisy. Do not use superglue.

There is no nut on my mp10 . . . I think the 20/40 has a nut? And, too late on not using superglue. It's my own fault, as I pulled off the prop thinking it came off to clean it. I ordered a new wetside prop already. Hopefully that cures the problem. I really hope it's not a bad bearing or something. We'll see.