Project: Help Jason Set Up His Tank

mexicanjavafish

So here it is: jasonthefilterfreak has had the world going against him when it comes to getting his tank set up. He's said himself that since his tank teardown so long ago he just hasn't been the same, and I think it's time this one gets set up! He's finished with school (finally! :clap: ) but work (which he loves, btw) demands so much of his time, and it's nearly impossible for him to get anything tank-related done and, as a true fish geek, it's having a real impact on him :sad: .

It's been a while (work, haha) but in the past he was a very active member of wamas, and would do anything to help anyone he could whether here on the boards or in person. Even now, both him and I try to make it out to ctenophore's place for the usual fish geekery. :scuba:

I really want to do this for him, and hopefully have it fish ready by christmas, if possible. He deserves it after everything he's done for me and my tank honestly - but I can't do it alone! I want to get a good, solid group of people together who are willing to help with this project. In person would be best if you're close, but I will even take help on the boards if you've got anything to offer. ANYTHING will help! :laugh:

The only catch is that I would like it to remain a secret for as long as possible. He hasn't been on the boards in quite a while so hopefully he won't see this, but I would appreciate it if no one PMed him about what we're doing during the planning stages. When it comes time to work on the actual tank though, I'll let him know of course!

Please let me know guys, like I said, ANYTHING will help! Thanks so much everyone! :biggrin:

oh, also, i'm selling/trading corals from my own tank. perhaps a trade for help?

Edited by mexicanjavafish

What do you need? I would be happy to help.

When I was up there before, he has pretty good drawings of what he wants and it didnt seem too far from being put together.

you guys are awesome :]

he's in laurel md and he did have really good plans drawn up, its just the time restraints keeping him from actually putting it together. last i checked he was having a hard time curving the wood for the door (it's a corner tank). he/we also have yet to start on the led light setup he wants to build. he's got it mostly planned out, the materials just need to be purchased/built. after that the whole thing really just needs to be put together and it should be ready for water :]

i'm probably forgetting loads of details, it's been forever since i've actually been able to take a look at what needs to be done, but those are the bigs things (i think) for right now.

thank you so much guys!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Christina, I'd love to help but time is pretty scarce for me, too. That said, I always felt like the fun for Jason was not the tank itself, but putting it together himself, taking pictures of what he did, and documenting it for others. Do you think he'll like it as much if someone else does the work for him? I still giggle when I think of the clownfish drawings he made and also laugh when I think of what his mom must have said when he was done shaving acrylic, metal, and wood on top of the washing machine, probably filling their laundry for weeks with various shavings to make things a tad on the uncomfortable side to wear.

Christina,

I have been out of the hobby a bit during my move, but am finally getting things together. I will not have a tank for at least a year but I am pretty sure I have some items you can use in setting up a tank. Years ago Jason was one of the first people who bought stuff from me when I used to by large tanks break them up and sell parts so I am certainly happy to donate. Time is what I have the least of though. I would have a difficult time getting out your way, but if you give me an idea of what you need I will see what I have.

David