tank

losking44

Not hard, just have to use the proper technique and equipment. Check out youtube for a bunch of vidoes on it. You can order the parts online.

how can i find out and drill the side and think about a two in hole

There are many ways to tell, including using polarized sunglasses, tapping on it, looking at it from angles looking for wavy lines, breaking it, etc. Suggest googling for more info.

make sure you are not drilling with water in the tank, i know some have done it but it can be scary specially a tank that big.

usually there is a sticker on the bottom saying if its tempered, or look at the manufacturers website/get in touch with them.

I doubt a tank that size is going to have a tempered side but the bottom will be for sure. Just drill the sides and you will be fine.

Check out this link for more info. You can use a camera with a polarized lens.

http://www.salt-city.org/showthread.php?t=9542

+1

It's real easy just take your time and make sure the drill bit stays cool.

I doubt a tank that size is going to have a tempered side but the bottom will be for sure. Just drill the sides and you will be fine.

I agree it is unlikely to have tempered sides, but you never know. I once had a 55 that had all panes tempered. I even verified it by breaking them.

Check out this link for more info. You can use a camera with a polarized lens.

http://www.salt-city.org/showthread.php?t=9542

That is a great link. I also saw someone saying that if you try to score the glass with a normal glass cutter, tempered glass will not score, but normal glass will. He was saying to use normal pressure, and listen for the cracking you get when you score glass. This should be done in the area you want to drill the bulkhead.