Dr Mac elegance

astroboy

I just thought I'm mention that I bought an aquacultured elegance coral frag from Dr. Mac three months ago, and its been growing like a champ. I asked the person selling Dr. Mac frags at the last meeting about the elegance frags they've been selling, and the story is that a couple of the elegance corals they got from Australia were doing so well they decided to frag them and see what happened. My frag was about three inches across when I got it, its about doubled in size. So.... I don't know if Aussie elegances are generally as hardy as advertised, but I've been very happy with the one I got from Dr. Mac. I figure that if it was going to die from the mysterious elegance disease it would have died by now, and wouldn't be growing so well.

That's great, do you have any pictures?

I have never had luck with elegane corals, but think they are beautiful.

tumblr_kugrl2WceJ1qzsmejo1_500.jpg

Well, seeing is believing, I guess!

OK, I'll see about posting a picture or two. Of course, unless you call Dr. Mac and ask him when I bought it, you'll have to take my word on how long I've had it ;) .

I guess I should emphasize that this one particular frag has done great in my one particular tank. I've bought elegances twice in the past and had them die within a month, even when all my other corals were growing like weeds. So, based on my experience, this is the real deal. Maybe its a one in a million fluke.

Having said that, if someone buys an elegance from Dr. Mac for mucho $$$ and it dies, they have no moral justification to come looking for me and break my arms....

Should you frag or split in the future I would be very interested in purchasing from you. This is one coral I have always wanted to try but havent because I heard how difficult they are! Bob

• 3 months later...
(edited)

tumblr_kugrl2WceJ1qzsmejo1_500.jpg

Here are a couple of pictures. I bought the elegance from Dr. Mac in October. It was three inches across then and now is 6-7 inches. So, I guess there's something to this claim that Aussie elegances are more hardy...elegance 1.pdfelegance 2a.pdf

Edited by astroboy

I got the same kind of elegance (white with blue tips) from Pacific East at a meet a few months ago. It was a TINY frag on a small frag plug its definatly doing great in my tank. But I don't think it was aquacultured.