Couple pics of my 40B reef tank

Aaron

Thanks guys! Honestly, one of my most favorite animals is my long tentacle anemone (at least that's what the label said when I bought it). I am not sure on the exact type. When I first got it, it was completely white with green tips and a red base, but has since turned a distinct brown color with green tips. Reading suggests it was severely bleached and is now regaining its color. I hope that's true, I've been keeping up with my husbandry and doing my best to keep it healthy and happy.

gallery_2632052_727_275574.jpg

Very nice! Can you post up some details like lighting?

If you want an ID on the anemone post a pic of the top of the oral disc and the underside of the anemone's disc to see if it has whites spots, those are the verrucae that LTA's and some other anemones have. BTA's do not have the white verrucae.

Sure thing -

40 gallon acrylic

20 gallon sump (rubbermaid :rolleyes: )

Mag 5 return pump

Koralia 1 (circulation)

MaxiJet 900 (circulation)

Euro Reef RS-100 skimmer (upgraded pump to KSP-5000 and added valves on both inlet/outlet)

Nextreef MR-1 media reactor (I run about 1/2 cup of pelletized GFO from bulkreefsupply.com)

Auto top-off system w/5 gallon reservoir

Milwaukee pH controller (currently just operating as a monitor)

Medusa temperature controller (single stage, controlling fans)

2x150w Radium 20k (running on 175w icecap ballasts - right side is currently on a cheap ballast and under-drives the bulb, but the second icecap ballast is coming in this week so that they match, clear crisp white :biggrin: ).

~40lbs Fiji live rock

3.5-4" sand bed

Like I said, still a work in progress, but these are the basics.

The underside of the oral disc on this anemone definitely has the white spots. I will see if I can get a pic of the top of the oral disc today sometime.