What fish should I get for my 60 gal cube?

Incredible Corals

I wanted to add a new fish for my new 60 gallon cube.

I currently have...

- Pajama Cardinal

- Melenarus Wrasse

- 2" Hippo tang (raised from 1/2")

- Firefish

- 4 Chromis

What should I add next?

This is the tank.

CubeFTS.jpg

Edited by forrealb50

Other than maybe a goby or two I think you have plenty of fish for a tank that size.

Other than maybe a goby or two I think you have plenty of fish for a tank that size.

Really? I feel like I don't see much swimming around in there. The Cardinal and Dart always stay out of sight and hardly swim at all. I feel like I only see the Hippo and Wrasse.

In the not too far distance that tank will be way too small for the hippo only. That size tank is not tang friendly.

In the not too far distance that tank will be way too small for the hippo only. That size tank is not tang friendly.

I'm aware of that and will give him away when he's around 4". When I got him 1/2" and now 2" took around 9 months. Maybe in a year he will out grown the tank. Until then I'm going to take that time and enjoy the beauty of the hippo tang aka "Lucky" :).

Tang police gonna getcha.

How about a Niger Trigger and a Mantis Shrimp?

i'm partial to the flasher wrasses as well as smaller fairy wrasses (solarensis). that's what i would probably focus on.

there is a nice group of cardinals for sale on diver's den.

maybe a blue stripe pipefish (atlantis has some that are eating mysid in stock).

maybe a pygmy angel?

did you get rid of your clown?

i'm partial to the flasher wrasses as well as smaller fairy wrasses (solarensis). that's what i would probably focus on.

there is a nice group of cardinals for sale on diver's den.

maybe a blue stripe pipefish (atlantis has some that are eating mysid in stock).

maybe a pygmy angel?

did you get rid of your clown?

I was actually looking at the flasher wrasse last night on live aquaria. What a beautiful fish. I've seen some nice cardinals on the net but nothing that caught my eye in any LFS. I would rather buy from a sponsor than buy online.

The clown is the only fish I lost during the move/build. He just freaked and never settled in.

i love my melanarus, sean at F&F got him for me, he has a pair in his sps tank too.

they are jumpers as with most wrasses so plan on a screen for sure. ive saved mine twice (clown once)

and the other day while away he took a trip to the fuge on his own and tripled in size from all the pods he ate.

very active fish but can be skiddish

just noticed you already have him not planning. do you have a screen or is yours not into track and field.

a scopas or kole could be a nice addition.

Edited by Der ABT

I was actually looking at the flasher wrasse last night on live aquaria. What a beautiful fish. I've seen some nice cardinals on the net but nothing that caught my eye in any LFS. I would rather buy from a sponsor than buy online.

The clown is the only fish I lost during the move/build. He just freaked and never settled in.

that really sucks...you could get a pair of true percs. cabrego on the forum is selling some that he bred...very nice fish.

i love my melanarus, sean at F&F got him for me, he has a pair in his sps tank too.

they are jumpers as with most wrasses so plan on a screen for sure. ive saved mine twice (clown once)

and the other day while away he took a trip to the fuge on his own and tripled in size from all the pods he ate.

very active fish but can be skiddish

I got mine from Sean a F&F too. He's a little skiddish right now because of the new tank but I'm sure will settle in just fine "knock on wood".