The ugly plumbing thread!

I'm sure that Doug knows where all of those pipes go. Big ones = drain, little ones = return. When I worked in HVAC, I was doing the rough in when the plumbers showed up. He asked my where I was running my duct. Of course, I showed him and that's exactly where he ran his 4 inch waste water pipe. Ah, the things you can do with a sawzall! At another job, all of the duct and plumbing was blueprinted. There were 12 identical condos. On 11 I get there first, the twelfth, he got there first and ran his waste water pipe through where my return was going. Needless to say, I cut that pipe too, only diagonally, for about four feet.

Good ideas. Mine was just a quick and dirty solution to get stop the condensate from dripping everywhere. Because the drain was clogged, the overflow came from inside the air handler. Of course, now I have a cleanout of sorts. I just take the whole thing apart and scrub it clean in sections. That block of white seen just below the trap just happens to be a condensate pump left over from last Fall's installation of an on-demand water heater in the house.

Come on now, John. That's a pretty installation. Nice skimmer, too. A GSA Standard 12? I notice that you have the Avast neck cleaner installed, but the neck still looks pretty brown in the photo. What's with that? Is it just shadow?

Tom, you have a good eye, it is a standard twelve, with the neck cleaner. The brown you see is on the outside of the neck inside the skimmer cup. The neck cleaner works great, keeps the gunk to a minimum.

Too bad I can't get a good picture of my plumbing trellis where you can walk under my return lines from my sump which are zip tied to screw eyes in the ceiling that also happen to hold my lights up...

ohmy.gif

wow, great thread!

Im afraid that I can no longer compete, when I had many more tanks I had a few things that looked rather similar to these though...

Yowzers...how many holes did you drill in the back of that tank?

I bought it used and it had 6 1" and 2 1.5" for closed loops as well as a 2" in the overflow for a drain. There were also 4 1" in the bracing for returns/closed loop. I added 2 more 1" in the bracing for returns and another 1" in the overflow for a herbie (homer? I always get this wrong). So, total of 10 in the back, 6 in the bracing.

I wanted my return to disperse over a long area, but couldn't find anything...so I cut these long slots in some pipe, and capped the ends but put a hole in the cap:

gallery_696_10_86805.jpg

gallery_696_10_93270.jpg

The slots are pointed down and back so you can't see them in this pic

gallery_696_10_53598.jpg