Did I just kill my huge anemone?

wfoxfox

so I was taking corals off the rocks and picked up the rock the rose was attached to, but........ it was also attached to another rock. The rose ripped in half. doh

any chance it will heal from a rip?

Thanks

you probably fragged it and now have two! just put them in a place where they can heal... (not too much flow but not too stagnant)(not too much light, but enough light)... whatever that means... good luck!

I wouldn't worry about it. I tried to remove my RBTA and got so frustrated I pulled the H-E-double hockey sticks out of it and it never detached from the rock. I thought I ripped the thing apart. A few hours later it was back to normal and my clowns were hosting it again. From experience RBTA anemones are very hardy and resilient. Howerver, you will probably have two RBTA now...

it has split on its own in the past :-) I guess if the 'mouth' got split/ripped and each side has a piece......... will be interesting

there is a somewhat ok chance that it might work out, don't bug them too much you will probably get at least one have to survive if your water quality is good

Has anyone ever had a part of one with no mouth that grew a mouth?

Has anyone ever had a part of one with no mouth that grew a mouth?

Many times, the turn around time was just to slow to do this routinely. I found 1/4's to be the most efficient.

in this case, it may split if there was enough tear. It might also simply heal right back up like nothing happened.

keep the flow about tank on the stronger side but not right at the anemone.

I think you're covered under the responses posted previously but if you still need any reassurance, I ripped one in half too exactly as you described and had no issues with it healing up. I've had them go through closed loops and survive too. As long as it was healthy to begin with, I think you'll be OK.

I'm new to the forum and just read this. I'm interested to see if there are two now.

Welcome! If you're interested in seeing 1 anemone become 2 the proper way try and make it to our annual frag fest this Sunday to see demonstrations on propagating anemones, corals, and more