New Addition

Guest clownfish4

Guest clownfish4

I went up to Roozens today and found a very beautiful copperband butterfly. It is about 2-3 inches long and was in the coral system. They have had it for a little while and it was in super condition. And to my delight he is readily accepting frozen mysis shrimp. This is by far my best find at Roozens so far.

Mike,

Hope it likes aptasia- They are great looking fish- glad to see that they would feed it for you. BTW awesome flow system you have on that tank- not a dead spot anywhere- you should end up with some great longterm growth on your frags-

Regards,

Lee

Guest clownfish4

I will go grab my camera and try to get some pics up in the next few hours.

Guest clownfish4

Yes, he is eating frozen mysis. He is also eating feather dusters and other stuff off the live rock. I am also hoping he may pick at an aiptasia or two! :D

Guest clownfish4

I wouldn't exactly say I am displeased he is eating the feather dusters. I have so many of those little white ones and no attractive ones, so I am not losing any sleep over it.

Guest clownfish4

Well, I can't find a single aiptasia in my tank!!! Either my 6 peppermint shrimp that I have had for nearly a month started eating them, doubtful, or my copperband is earning his stay! :D Either way I am happy!!!

Guest clownfish4

I have quite a few majanos that hitchiked in on some live rock I added. I also had several aiptasia but now they are all gone.

Mike, I can not beleive all that aptasia on the rock in left side of your tank is gone- Great news- Beautiful fish, and has some great aptasia killing qualities to boot- My experience with Majano is that joe's juice will not kill them the first time- They need to be severly wounded and then joe's juice will finish them off- I never had any luck with vinegar injected in them- though it works well on the aptasia, sometimes taking two injections though over a couple of days.

Try an experiment fo rus if you will- Wound the majano with a sharp object and see if your copperband will finnish it off- It would be neat to use no chemicals.

Thanks,

Lee

Guest clownfish4

Lee, as soon as I get back from Tahoe I will gladly wound those little pests. I will try several methods since I have a very large amount of the annoying little things.

Craig, if you are thinking of mixing cbb's in with host anenomes/clowns, it is a recipe for disaster. Clowns are butterflies are mortal enemies.

I've had great success with using lemon juice on Majanos. I would have to say that only about 30-40% require the second injection, but most of the time that is only if they contract before I can inject.

Guest clownfish4

Michael, I have a copperband in with 2 ocellaris clowns. Of course they are tank bred and don't have a host, but I have never seen them pick at eachother. As well, I have been told by reputable sources that they do fine together and every compatability chart I have seen on the internet says they are fine together.

very interesting to hear that. I saw first hand a pair of leukokranis beat up on a cbb.