Outdoor World, Ashland, VA

Charlie

I stopped by Outdoor World this weekend on my way south, which is a usual place to stretch my legs and happened to wonder into the restaurant side. They have an absolutely stunning 15,000 gallon reef tank. This is in addition to their huge fresh water tank (which houses some bass and monster catfish) and the pond out front and pond by the elevators (both house trout). If you've never been down there, it's worth the trip, particularly if you need outdoor gear.

I was trying to figure out why they'd have a saltwater tank. It sounds like it's decoration for the massive restaurant that's at this location? I'll definitely have to stop by in a couple weeks when I drive by.

Exactly. It's between the bar and the dinning room. When I asked, they said that all of the hardware is in a room upstairs.

Is it a REEF tank? Or is it fake coral?

Fake coral, and not even really good fake coral. I heard some story about it being made and painted outside and ended up sitting out in the weather longer than intended due to delays.

I have some pictures, Ive been there a few times, I'll post some up tonite. They have lots of tangs, anthias, clowns, a few lionfish, some giant look downs.