Good news

m3fan8ic

Some of you might know I had a huge aiptasia breakout in my tank last year and those suckers were so huge that one of them ate my pepermint shrimp alive as soon as I put him in there. Not a good feeling seeing your $5 being eating up in front of your eyes and you can't do anything about it..lol.

Well after few months of introducing about 10 pepermints yesterday I notice that I only have few of aiptasias left. They were growing on the walls, return lines, powerhead cables etc. I am so happy that they are almost gone. Now I have to fight Mojanos. I wish Paulb was around so I can barrow the gadget from him to nuke them :( anyone around her who is willing to help??? :)

I actually have killed all my majanos before with joes juice... but that was like 3 years ago...

I tried that but didn't work for me, they will come right back :(

Depending on how many zoanthids you have and how much you like them, a heniochus butterfly could help you out. Mine ate every last majano, aiptasia, and zoanthid in my tank.

However, I've noticed that the zoanthids in my coral tubs don't get touched by the Heni in there. I think the two in my display only started eating the zoas when my rabbitfish started to tear them up.

Now I can take a rock covered in aiptasia and majanos and hold it in the coral tub while the Heni picks it clean. Takes about 15 minutes. If I leave it in there overnight, it will be completely pest anemone free by morning.

Good luck!

Depending on how many zoanthids you have and how much you like them, a heniochus butterfly could help you out. Mine ate every last majano, aiptasia, and zoanthid in my tank.

However, I've noticed that the zoanthids in my coral tubs don't get touched by the Heni in there. I think the two in my display only started eating the zoas when my rabbitfish started to tear them up.

Now I can take a rock covered in aiptasia and majanos and hold it in the coral tub while the Heni picks it clean. Takes about 15 minutes. If I leave it in there overnight, it will be completely pest anemone free by morning.

Good luck!

wow I do have Heniochus and pretty big size too but he's not going near them :( ..

• 3 weeks later...