New SPS Losing Tissue

cabrego

Yesterday I picked up a few great looking frags from a WAMAS member, one of which is a SPS (tort) frag from a WAMAS member. Today after work I noticed that it was fallen over on my frag rack and appears to be loosing tissue in 3 places. I am thinking it was stung throughout the day by the one or all of it's neighbors. A Green slimer, Red planet, and a millepora are the immediate suspects. My plan is to move it to a more stable location and monitor for another day before doing anything drastic like cutting it into pieces! What do you guys and gals think? I attached a pic...The frag seems pretty good otherwise but who knows what tomorrow will bring...

post-2631637-127302527862_thumb.jpg

The damage looks minor, not that bad, it should recover.

Agreed. Follow your plan and watch it for a few days to make sure it doesn't spread. But overall it looks like it should be fine.

Thanks for the input.

This morning I found the frag toppled over again (away from other corals). I guess it is too top heavy to be stable. Do you think I should bother dipping it in an iodine solution. I dipped it in a mild iodine solution before I put it in the tank, I don't know how frequently the corals can be dipped or if it is worth the effort in this case. Hopefully it bounces back..

My current modus operandi is to take a small frag from ANY coral that even so much as HINTS that it might be stressed. With all the moving and dipping i've been doing - I am finding that a lot of corals will give you a 'clue' that they are about to start dying. The AEFW's still haven't killed a coral. Constant dipping and moving to different locations and systems has killed many.

bob