Cyanobacteria is out of control: Recommend Product?

cabrego

unsure.gif The sarcasm went right over my head. I had bubbles up until the 3rd water change after dosing.

Yes, I changed 20% water after each dose. I made extra water after the first dose, just in case. I cut the second dose in half but still went ahead with 20% water change. It hasn't come back since.

Yeah, I assume as long as I am allowing the skimmer to dump bubbles into the sump-I will have lots of micro bubbles in the display. I did not realize you were suppose to repeat doses this stuff but I guess that makes sense.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you're not suppose repeat dose. You can if you want to. I decided to dose twice based on reading what others on here had to say about their experiences. Some said they had to dose again. I didn't want to wait for the cyano to start growing again. The directions say you can, but you don't have to. Since it was safe I went ahead and did it again. It's a personal choice. Whatever you're comfortable doing you should do.

It's really a great product. I'm glad to hear that you've got a better handle on the cyano. It's frustrating to deal with.

Yeah, I assume as long as I am allowing the skimmer to dump bubbles into the sump-I will have lots of micro bubbles in the display. I did not realize you were suppose to repeat doses this stuff but I guess that makes sense.

Per the instructions I completed my water change on Monday (48 hours later) and so far it looks like all of the cyano is gone! I am very happy about that, I put my skimmer online Monday and actually tuned it on Tuesday. It is pulling the nastiest skimmate I have seen out of this skimmer. I wish my skimmate always looked like it does today-it is a different tune so hopefully it is a better tune. But I have a feeling the chemiclean has something to do with the gunk it is pulling. In any event, I think this is a success story for chemiclean!