Stephen's 210 build.

This is going to be a slow process build but I'm excited and wanted to start a thread. Sometime within the next month I'll build a stand when I cement my equipment choices and sump size. I believe I've decided on everything but will just post it up as I go along instead of putting a list here right out of the gate.

I originally wanted a 250 DD Marineland tank but having found this last night and seeing it this morning I would have been a complete fool to pass on the price the guy was asking. Here's the tank after making it home. It saw it's first drop of water in the rain showers I had to drive through.

210001.jpg

210002.jpg

210003.jpg

That is a big tank! How's your back feeling?

Great! 2 of us actually loaded it into my truck. Hopefully we won't have any trouble getting it into the house this evening.

Congratulations! This will be a great ugrade from a 40g tank.

Yes it will. Roscoe (the yellow tang in the 40 now) will be happy.

Tank is getting it's first fill of water for a leak test. If all goes well the stand will be started next week. Here's some of my mspaint artistry of the layout of things. ;) I'm planning to skin everything and paint it all white similar to the way the guys at greenwich aquaria have the large display in front of the couch set up. http://www.greenwichaquaria.com/store.html I'll more than likely do a faux tile top the tank will sit on to match the theme of the room it's being placed in.

Everything except the display will be covered.

210700.gif

So I decided I'd hate myself down the road if I didn't have a nice new starphire panel on the front of this tank. Hopefully NAGA and I can work something out for next week when he calls tomorrow. Plan on starting the stand tomorrow and will take plenty of pics.