Coral Compatibility

WaterDog

So I bought a few LPS and softy corals the other day, brought them home, then realized that some of them were the more aggressive ones.

I got galaxea, sunburst, frogspawn, clove, palys, goniopora, and a brain coral.

I know the galaxea and frogspawn are aggressive, but are there any other ones I should watch out for.

I think I managed to isolate the galaxea, but I'm worried about the frogspawn. gallery_2632200_728_899381.jpg

If you can tell where I put everything, advice on where to move the frogspawn would be appreciated.

I've never had issues with my frogspawns extending their feeder tentacles much. Keep it a few inches from any other corals and keep an eye on it.

I've never had issues with my frogspawns extending their feeder tentacles much. Keep it a few inches from any other corals and keep an eye on it.

Ok, I guess I was kind of thinking about the chemical warfare aspect of the coral too, I probably should have mentioned that. Are any of the above mentioned coral a threat in the chemical department?

Brain corals can have long sweepers, that looks like a smaller piece, so you should be fine, but in time keep an eye on it.. The galaxea can have really long sweepers, so I would be very careful with that, try to see which way they sweepers flow and locate so they flow away..

Edited by trockafella

(edited)

Whats the big red furry thing..?

Dragon's Breath Macroalgae. There's some nemastoma in there somewhere, I know it! If anyone wants some, I'd be glad to get rid of some.

Edited by WaterDog

No chemical issues. I've only ever heard of chemical problems from leathers.

Heh, funny you should mention that. There's a big devil's hand right near the sunburst...

Whats the big red furry thing..?

It looks like the top of a troll doll. I am guessing it is gracilaria algae and not dragon's breath. Dragon's breath is wider and not as delicate looking.

It looks like the top of a troll doll. I am guessing it is gracilaria algae and not dragon's breath. Dragon's breath is wider and not as delicate looking.

Darn. Here I thought I had something nice growing.

Well, here's part two of my coral woes. I think something's eating the frogspawn.

gallery_2632200_742_340416.jpggallery_2632200_742_640281.jpg

All there is in the tank is two clowns, two neon gobies, a six line, peppermint shrimp, hermits and snails. What could eat a frogspawn?

Did you have it at the bottom of your tank? Did anything fall on it? Moderat (mid sectio of a tanK) to high light. They are also susceptible to brown jelly disease when injured. Stings from other corals will cause injure too.

Did you have it at the bottom of your tank? Did anything fall on it? Moderat (mid sectio of a tanK) to high light. They are also susceptible to brown jelly disease when injured. Stings from other corals will cause injure too.

Yeah, it's at the bottom of the tank. It has a weird frag plug so I'm having issues putting it somewhere. There's no brown slime so I dont think it's the brown jelly disease...