Question about controllers.

TonyInVa

My next upgrade will likely be a controller. Not sure if any do what I want. I want one that I can monitor online, but wiring to my desk top is not an option. My desk top in in the basement, tank on second level. I have two lap tops that are set up to my router wirelessly. Will I be able to view the controller with this set up?

The AC Jr. cannot connect to the internet via a wireless bridge. It only has a serial port and does not contain the web server. You must step up to the ACIII in order to connect the controller to your network without a computer. A wireless bridge is very similar to a router, but works differently and typically only has 1 ethernet port. It is the same as many of the gaming system wireless adapters (the ones that don't use USB). See here:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833122218&cm_re=netgear_wireless_bridge-_-33-122-218-_-Product

Actually in a sense, the acjr can. It must be hooked up to a computer (via the serial port) to reach the internet, but that computer could have a wireless connection to your router.

We hardwired our ACJr (Serial to Ethernet converter), and there may be a product out there that does serial to wireless (probably costs more than the ACIII). We did the computer option (old desktop) but then just bought a little converter.

Edited by darkcirca

Actually in a sense, the acjr can. It must be hooked up to a computer (via the serial port) to reach the internet, but that computer could have a wireless connection to your router.

So if I understand correctly, I could connect the AC jr to my wireless lap top when I go on vacation and view online.

So if I understand correctly, I could connect the AC jr to my wireless lap top when I go on vacation and view online.

Yes, but you also need some other isolation type cable. John @ BRK would be a better source of info because he sells(?) them.

Still, this is the least desirable connection.

Guest This is Bob!

don't waste time with the junior and the suggestion from seller. just get aciii

don't waste time with the junior and the suggestion from seller. just get aciii

Don't believe he's listed the seller.

An acjr can be an excellent choice for someone looking to get an entry level controller that is as robust and well supported as these are.

Many of us are happy to offer our program codes and help with set up which ever route you are comfortable with going.

Chip, I think by seller he was referring to you.

The next question I would have is does the AquaNotes Lite program have a web server built into it? Or do you need to have the full program? If neither of these has the web server, then how do you go about publishing the data from the AC Jr. to the web?