Aptasia

Happyfeet

I doubt it could be done unless you had natural predators in the display tank waiting for the aiptasia to migrate up there.

I think Roozens tried that once but it didn't work. :wig:

I doubt it could be done unless you had natural predators in the display tank waiting for the aiptasia to migrate up there.

I was just curious, was tempted to make a box out of PVC and thin screening and place it in a seperate tank (not plumbed into the main tank) and see if it spread through the screen.

Nice Zinger..!! :clap:

Has anyone tried to confine Aiptasia to their sump? to harness their filtering power? Can it be done?

Aiptasia are are interesting idea, but I would feel safer with a turf scrubber or macroalgae refugium.

Jon

My 5' long 'calfo' overflow is full of aiptasia. I have none in the display (in fact I put aiptasia-infested rocks in the display so that the CBB can clean them), and actually very few in the sump. The aiptasia in the overflow make short work of any food that spills over into it. But I still have fairly high nitrates in the display tank. So I don't know just how good a biological filter they might be.

bob