CJ stand pipes

reefmontalvo

Is anybody using these type pipes? And if you are do they work as advertised? PM me if you are using them or planning to upgrade to these. Thank you

www.nautilusreef.com/index.html

I saw the desing specs and I think I can make it my self at the house. I just need to make sure I get the correct bulkead for my tank. So are you currently running this type on your tank now?

Looks like a type of modified stockman standpipe. I had one that I built (DIY) a while back that I used in an overflow box. It worked just fine.

http://www.aquariumlife.net/projects/diy-overflow/74.asp

(Note that sometimes there's a reducer at the bottom of the standpipe - for example, a 1" to 3/4" bushing)

Here's another DIY standpipe design that you may find interesting. It's called a Hofer Gurgle Buster and it has some "adjustability" in the design.:

http://home.everestkc.net/jrobertson57268/...nstruction.html

I've never built the second, but have had the link around forever just in case I wanted to try someday.

I saw the desing specs and I think I can make it my self at the house. I just need to make sure I get the correct bulkead for my tank. So are you currently running this type on your tank now?

Not this brand. Mine is diy.

I have some pipe in my water closet I will try to build a prototype. Im just curious on the height? Does it matter how long the pipe is in the over flow?

Tom,

You have seen my tank in the past, what do you think?

I have some pipe in my water closet I will try to build a prototype. Im just curious on the height? Does it matter how long the pipe is in the over flow?

Tom,

You have seen my tank in the past, what do you think?

Chris, I don't recall your overflow setup clearly. The height of the standpipe does make a difference insofar as the lower it is, the farther the water has to fall from the lip on the overflow. This creates noise like a small waterfall. Therefore, I use a taller standpipe in the box to minimize this fall.