Stink Bugs in tank, problem?

FearTheTerps

I keep getting dead stink bugs in my tank. At any given time there's about 10 to 15 of them stuck to the powerheads. As nasty as these little creatures are in just the house alone, I'm wondering what kind of problems they could be causing in the tank. I've been cycling my tank for a few weeks now, nothing seems out of the norm. I have a bit of GHA but that could be normal for a new tank as well. With the cycle I can't really tell if the dead bugs are affecting my parameters or anything.

Any thoughts?? Anyone else have this problem??

I had a bad stink bug problem a few months ago. Very strange, they swarmed my house. I was getting 5-10 per day in the tank because it is right next to the main door we use. I am sure there are a few I cant find still in there... no issues to speak of...

Now we dont have near as many but there are still some in the house. We find one every few days.

Edited by reefhunter

I too have found a lot of stink bugs in the last few months in my filter socks. I have no idea how they keep getting in my house. I asked a friend who is an entomologist and he said they are the brown marmorated stink bug from Japan that has invaded this area. I have not seen any ill effects from them accidentally falling into the tank.

I thought it was just us..

we've been discovering stink bugs in our house as well. I don't ever remember seeing any insects in past winters...

I'm surprised they can get in with all our windows sealed in the winter.

-R

I, too, have found a few here and there in my tank, but certainly not more than a few over the past year or so. That doesn't mean they are not finding their way into the tank in greater numbers, I'm just not finding them. I also have found them in the house a few times (usually grab them and feed them to the turtles).

I find at least 1 floating in my tank every night...weird.....

We get a whole lot of stink bugs around here when the seasons change. There seem to be 2-3 every day in the tank, they don't seem to make any difference in the water though. However if they release their chemicals, I would guess that's another story...

This is weird. I pulled one from tank a week ago and my corals were looking ill. I removed it and the corals looked better.

so Japan has sent us Stink Bugs to cause coral illness cause their jealous of our tanks - keep them down there in VA please :)

I doubt we have need to worry about them. They don't seem to release anything when they drown. I found pieces of one in my skimmer last night. I just wish I could find out where they are coming in at.

Here's an idea that just ocurred to me. They might be looking for water right? So obviously they'd die if they all made a nest in the tank, but what about our RO/DI units, sitting there, making water, retaining moisture...

*Lets the anxiety and fear surmount*

Just a thought.