Mark's 450 gallon tank build

NAGA

LOL your mailman must love you now!

Nice work with the plumbing. Good idea keeping that pump in a very easy to service area. I have to ask though, is that going to be covered or soundproofed in some way? That pump will be noisy if it's in the main viewing room.

Do you have any plans for aquascaping? There was a nice "terraced" design on reefbuilders a few weeks ago that really needs a wide, shallow tank to do right. Yours would be a perfect candidate:

http://reefbuilders.com/2010/03/14/reefstock-2010-aquascaping-throwdown-lessons-learned-victory-road-travelled/

The entire tank is located behind a wall with sound proofing. The 4' side of the tank is viewable through the wall. The 6' side of the tank and the pumps are viewable behind the wall. The pump itself is very quiet.

Thanks for the link on the aquascaping. I have an idea in mind. We will see how practicle it is when I start working on it this weekend.

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

David,

this build was done last summer. I started this thread not fully realizing that he really doesn't go on the boards hardly. The posts he has done here are ones that I asked him to respond to. Perhaps one day he'll update but don't hold your breath.

I know he has it running I just don't know how his stocking of the tank is going.