I fragged my first RBTA

Jan

nice. sure everything worked out fine. one critique, try making making the cut with as little "chops" as possible and working from the mouth outward vs in and across the oral disk.

They've attached to a rock and they're doing great.

Next time I'll have bigger sharper scissors. The chops bothered me too. How do I work from the mouth outward? Do I choose a corner of the mouth and cut that way? I can't picture it. I looked at Chips video several times as a guide and some British guy that used large sharp scissors. They both cut from one end to the other. You'll have to show me what you mean in a diagram at the next meeting. Thanks for your critique Doug. I always appreciate constructive criticisim. It helps me to get better. :)

nice. sure everything worked out fine. one critique, try making making the cut with as little "chops" as possible and working from the mouth outward vs in and across the oral disk.

Using a razor blade or scalpel from the mouth outward is what Doug's talking about, I think.

That "British guy" was Rik as I recall, wasn't it? I'm in a parking lot now and can't check.

A razor took several slices. I can't imagine it would be any different from the mouth out than from one side to another. I wouldn't try it with a scalpel either only because now that i've tried it I've found that the nem has almost the same consistancy as an umbilical cord. I've tried scalpels and scissors on umbilical cords and scissors have always worked best for me.

No that wasn't Rik. The person,"British guy", was named Alan. His method was clean and very swift. My scissors weren't long enough or sharp enough. I'll try again in a few weeks.

Here you go

Using a razor blade or scalpel from the mouth outward is what Doug's talking about, I think.

That "British guy" was Rik as I recall, wasn't it? I'm in a parking lot now and can't check.