SPS "skin peeling"?

magnetic1

How did you fare with the Interceptor treatment?

I was wondering if this could be an option to keep the pod population.... disconnect the refugium from the system while you treat and keep it aerated and treat the rest. I am not sure if the red bugs have any affinity to algae, so chances are there are none in the fuge.

I had red bug, and I had to treat twice in a 2 week period. The first time around I removed my harlequin shrimp and about 40 hermits. I couldn't get any of the peppermint shrimp or the 2 cleaner shrimp so they stayed in. All the shrimp survived.

On the second treatment I didn't pull the hermits and several died (I have the tiny blue legged ones) but many survived.

My pod population is still alive. I didn't see any massive die off.

I used 11mg of Interceptor in each treatment for a total tank volume of close to 180 gal. I let it run with no carbon for about 8 hours the first time and 10 the second time. After each treatment I run brand new carbon and did a 10% water change. I keep the skimmer on all the time.

Good luck!

not to add to your troubles but your RBTA is bleached. Needs some TLC too. try feeding it sliver sides until it colors back up.

I recommend doing a red bug treatment twice to kill em all.

Good luck

Edited by rocko918

not to add to your troubles but your RBTA is bleached. Needs some TLC too. try feeding it sliver sides until it colors back up.

I recommend doing a red bug treatment twice to kill em all.

Good luck

Naw, RBTA is ok. It looks bleached caus it just split. When my RBTA split, they hide under the rock for almost a month it seems. They turn bright pink during that time, but they slowly change back to rose color :)

Havent started the Interceptor treatment yet. Im actually going to treat outside the display tank. I have a frag tank coming soon which I will setup, then move all the Acros to. Then treat with Interceptor there.

How long does the display tank have to go for without acros before the red bugs die off?

How long does the display tank have to go for without acros before the red bugs die off?

Five days is plenty according to Borneman: "They also die rather quickly without a host and I could not get them to host on any coral genus but Acropora. After 3 days without a host, most were dead or barely moving. 5 days without a host and there was never any movement."