Programmable Controller Question

OUsnakebyte

Hey all -

I don't use controllers, so I know very little about them. I am wondering if there is a model of controller out there that will simulate seasonal temperature variations - heat things up in the summer a few degrees and cool them down in the winter. I know I can do this manually, but it's too easy for someone to miss a check here and there, so I would like to have this parameter steady.

Of course, I would need the controller to operate both a heater and a chiller. Throw in pH, and it sounds like the greatest thing ever!

Cheers

Mike

Also, is there a "mother-of-all-controllers" that I should get that will "do everything," including automatically adjust seasonal temperatures?

Cheers

Mike

IMO, the new Neptune APEX would be that mother of all. It is setup for expansion a little better than previous versions and quite a bit of expansion is planned.

The AC-III has a seasonal temperature table built in. It also has seasonal sunrise/sunset and moonrise/moonset tables built in as well. The Apex is the successor to the AC-III so it should continue to have these features built in.