midas blennies

reefhunter

awesome... what I wanted to hear! so could i have three?

AFAIK yeah. There just has to be a definite bigger male in the bunch.

I have a Lined Blenny now. I am going to be adding a Tailspot tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes :)

You'd be fine in a 120g with 2 males though, at least I would think.

Edited by Sikryd

One of the coolest fishes I've ever had. King Midas - he use to perch atop my purple cap...

Midas5.jpg

Midas1.jpg

I have not had one in quite some time...

Cheers

Mike

Edited by OUsnakebyte

FWIW, marine scene put two in their big display (can't remember the dimensions, but it's pretty big) they got along well and looked great for a month or two, then one decided it was sick of the other and antagonized it for a week or so until it was so week that they could finally catch it and try to let it recover (didn't find out if it did).

FWIW, marine scene put two in their big display (can't remember the dimensions, but it's pretty big) they got along well and looked great for a month or two, then one decided it was sick of the other and antagonized it for a week or so until it was so week that they could finally catch it and try to let it recover (didn't find out if it did).

See Hunter, don't take my experience as the general rule. Mine have only been together for a month or so, and they each have their own hiding place on opposite sides of my tank. So it's very possible that they will fight in a smaller tank. Or, I could have gotten lucky and mine are a pair already.

• 2 weeks later...

well I went to BRK this weekend and they had a monster midas blenny. I figured if I was ever gonna try nows the time because the one I got at Fins and Feathers is half that size...

they seem to be doing well.. the big midas blenny (new guy) is chasing my anthias though...