Pod extraction from rocks?

xeon

I went to visit a local reefer lately and came away with a few nice corals and some live sand.  The corals are great, but the rocks they were attached to had a few aitapasia(sp?) and some grape caulerpa.  These are two things I don't think I wanted to introduce to my display tank.

I tried cleaning the rock to no avail... the macro and aitapasia are kind of stubborn.  I did the boiling water, kalk paste and etc. to the aitapasia with no luck.  So I transplanted the corals to some small pieces of rock I had in my sump, which seems to be working out pretty well.  The corals are happy.  There is one aitapasia on the base of one of the leathers though... drats!

Now the rocks the corals came on have many bristle worms and amphipods.  Worms are easy with tweezers, but...  I'd really like to get the amp's in my display tank for variety, but I'm not sure how to extract them off the rocks they are on.  Right now I have them in a bucket.  Any ideas appreciated.

If the rock is just sitting in a bucket, add in one or two camel back shrimp,  don't feed them anything and check back in a few days.

I've also had luck with PH-up "cubes."  Make a mush of what ever you have to raise PH and let it dry.  Break it up and jam slivers of it into the cracks where you find the offensive Atipisisiaasas (never get the spelling right either and have given up)  It will take a long time to fully disolve and it works for me.

I have found that when I put some rock in a small amount of water, most of the bugs will get in the water and you can just dump it into the tank.  Take care not to bust up the calerpa.  Trust me- you don't want that stuff unless you have room for enough tangs to eat it up.

Thanks for the replies, I ended up using a sponge and shoving some small shrimp pieces into it.  This attracted some of the amphipods, which I put in the tank via the sponge.  Seemed to work out pretty good.  The rock with the macro and aiptasias(sp? again) are outside drying out.  I'll toss them in my refuge sometime after I get them cleaned up.  

On the one aiptasia, I have asked my wife to bring me home a syringe with needle from her office.  I'm going to try and inject the lone buger with water-n-vinegar-n-kalk.  I had tried the hot water trick again and melted all the tentacles, but miraculously it is regrowing.  I think the magic here will be in actually injected it as the topical kalk didn't do much for me.

Thanks for the replies.