Eggs After a year break

Jarosh

After a year of nothing my clowns decided to start laying eggs again. For roughly 2 years they would religiously deposit eggs every few weeks on thier favorite tile. Then one day they stopped and I figured that would be it. I have had them for ~5 years when I picked them up with my 90 gal. Overall I estimate they are ~8-9 years old and figured that would be it.

I guess my question would be how long could clowns reproduce? The tanks temp did dip a bit last night not sure if that kick started anything.

I would guess my pair are at least 12 and they are still laying. I wonder if the viability doesn't die off a bit. I have better success (% wise) with other's eggs than my own. I wonder if it has to do with the parents themselves. It could very well be nutrition but there have been stretches where I feed the bajesus out of them and the same yeild. Then again, it could very well be the husbandry...

I've had my female Clarkii for at least 10 years. I introduced a small juvenile a year ago and she lays between 900-1200 eggs every 11 days. I doubt they are getting old.

Try feeding more.....a rich diet with a variety of seafood. Feed the female large amounts....until she doesn't want anymore.