Steve's 60g AIO part II

• 4 months later...

Steve who??? OK, so it's been a while. Well, I just switched from MH to a Chucelli special LED and I LOVE IT!!! I can't even describe it and pictures certainly don't tell the story (especially with my camera skills), but here are a couple of pics to show you the new lights:

Old MH:

LEDlightswitch002.jpg

New LEDs:

LEDlightswitch004.jpg

It is a lot brighter, and it's just as blue as the Phoenix 14K bulb I previously had. The anemone moved after the light switch......I think the light change caused it to split. Half of it is up in the top corner and the other half is hiding under the main rock pile.

Looks good steve.. How long have you had the LEDs on there now..? I need to come by and check it out.. You gonna be around tom evening, I will be down your way..?

Looks good steve.. How long have you had the LEDs on there now..? I need to come by and check it out.. You gonna be around tom evening, I will be down your way..?

Unfortunately I won't be around tomorrow. We can catch up another time.

Also, how many bulb array is it..? How many white/blue..? Are you XRE's or XPG's for the whites and any optics..?

It's the 36 bulb fixture, with equal numbers of blues and whites. I really like it because it has 3 switches; one for the middle blues (12 LEDs), one for the middle whites (12 LEDs), and a third one for the 2 outside rows (6 blues and 6 whites). Very well made fixture.

Looks good, How do you keep your nem from running over your corals when it moves?

Looks good, How do you keep your nem from running over your corals when it moves?

Hopes and prayers..!

Sounds good steve, I will let you know when im down that way again..

I like the configuration you have, that sounds good, you can stagger the timers to get a nice increase in light.. How high off the water is the unit, and are you using any optics on it..?

The tank looks very nice.

Are the corals on the liverock permanently attached to the rock? If so, you are going to run into the problem I am having, of SPS corals growing into/over each other.

(edited)

The tank looks very nice.

Are the corals on the liverock permanently attached to the rock? If so, you are going to run into the problem I am having, of SPS corals growing into/over each other.

Like Tony said in the last meeting, That is the way they grow in the wild. I think it looks great when the corals start over lapping each other. By the way Steve the tank looks great. :clap:

Edited by lhcorals