best dip for flatworms

SkiCurtis

What is the best dip for the red and white flatworms ? And how long of a dip to kill all of them?

Thanks Curtis

What is the best dip for the red and white flatworms ? And how long of a dip to kill all of them?

Thanks Curtis

Wish you lived closer - would love to find out if my garlic dip kills them (Acoel Flatworms) as well as it kills AEFW. When I was switching tanks, from one infested with those things, I used Salifert eXit and tank water at double recommended dose in a bucket. Dipped for about 20 minutes, rinsed them off vigorously in a bucket of tank-change water (to shake loose any hiding in the rock or coral), and put them in the new tank. I ended up with no flatworms.

bob

thanks guys I did not know if the Lugol's solution ,iodine or revive,but it is more for sps. it just seems like the falt worm exit is expensive. When doing a fresh water dip on zoos does it kill them off.

Hadn't considered the expense of eXit ... try to find the smallest bottle of Allicin 6000 you can, and see if it's a savings over eXit. Get a pill crusher, or mortar and pestle, or crush them somehow. For a DIP only (haven't tested either the efficacy or safety of whole-tank treatment) - put one crushed pill per half-gallon of water in some tank water, mix well, and soak them for 15 mins. See if the flatties die!

Do this on a night when you're having something with garlic for dinner, and you won't even notice the slight odor.

bob

well it's not to much money I just have so much other dip stuff and wanted to see if it worked. Thanks for the input, I will just use a gallon and then put the solution in several canisters and dip them that way.