My 14 gal Biocube Nano

Reefoholic

Hello everyone,

I am a newbie. I have always wanted to have a reef tank, so now my dream is becoming a reality. I am starting a 14 gal Oceanic Biocube. I am a student in DC and I am sure you understand how limited my space is as well as my budget, lol. So far everything is going great. I waited for the tank to cycle for almost 2 months and introduced hermit crabs, a shrimp and 3 snails before I introduced my corals. Right now, - although the tank looks empty - there are couple of polyps in there, along with a montipora coral, 3 stalks of Xenia and my baby Roscoe's Blue Coral from ORA (fingers crossed for survival with stock lighting - 10K 24 W actinic and 50/50 PCs).

I introduced two little Wild False Percula Clown Fishes yesterday (They look very happy).

I have changed the stock pump with a MJ900 and today my PS and UV Sterilizer are arriving. Now all i need is a little lock and more reef inhabitants (coral donations are always appreciated).

I am attaching couple of pictures of the tank. Please let me know what you think.

Mehmet

Welcome to the forum! The tank looks very nice.

You may want to raise the "Roscoe" or bring it towards the front if you can so it can get more light.

Thanks!

I thought of doing that as well. I dunno what to do with its plug tho. That's the only place on that live rock with a whole big enough for Roscoe's plug to go in. :eek:

welcome to wamas, the acro may make it but wont have the best colors and definitely if you can bring it up more, use marineland epoxy to place the frag closer to the light.

thanks for the welcome.

Do you think I can unplug the coral? Would that harm the coral you think?

Welcome! I really like your aquascape. Very pretty.

Thanks. Hopefully it will look better in the months to come :)

I wanna add some more pics to this thread but i can't for some reason. I also unplugged Roscoe's and placed in up, closer to light. Added the PS and UV Sterilizer too.

I posted some new pics guys. I couldn't figure out how to add pictures to this thread so I added some to the gallery section. Please check them out and let me know what you think.

Hey guys,

I have a question. After reading about hair algae some I am literally lost and I don't have a clue about what to do to get rid of it. I am monitoring the test results of my water and so far it is as follows consistently:

PH 8.2

Nitrate 0

Ammonia 0

Temp. 78

Calcium 420

Carbonate 8

Phosphate 0

Do you think because of the Hair Algae the Nitrate and Phosphate levels are this low? How can I get rid of this stubborn green inhabitant?

Thanks...

• 3 weeks later...