60g Stocklist

steveoutlaw

Ok, I'm putting my stocklist together for my 60g cube. Currently I have a pair of clowns and a yellow tang. I am going to be adding a pair of Bangai Cardinals and 4 chromis. Do I have room for more, or is this currently pushing it? Some other possibilities were:

-a goby of the non-digging type

-a mandarin (after I have my fuge up and running)

-6 line wrasse (need to build a top first)

Thoughts?

i like the yellow coris wrasse over the 6 line. and a flame hawk fish. they have great personalities and have had mine for several years with no issues.

Edited by epleeds

i like the yellow coris wrasse over the 6 line. and a flame hawk fish. they have great personalities and have had mine for several years with no issues.

Eric-

Will the flame hawkfish be an issue since I'm going to have a shrimp?

Thanks Sam......didn't see that about the Catalina.

I'm thinking about the blue eye cardinals instead of the chromis. Can't do the anthias because I won't always be here to feed them everyday.

Eric-

I had to get rid of my Falco Hawkfish since he liked to eat peppermint shrimp, but for some reason did not bother my cleaner shrimp. It also killed all my hermits too.

As for the wrasse, I have had the coris and 6 line and find the six line to be more aggressive than the coris.

Eric-

I have a fire shrimp and he has not bothered him at all. I also have some peppermint shrimps but they are small, so they might or might not have been eaten. But i also have a niger trigger in the tank that is a good tank mate too.

Can I keep multiple types of cardinals? I'm going to have a pair of Bangaii and wanted to keep 3 of the blue eye cardinals.

I do, but it's a 220.

I say that because I have found if you do not introduce them all at the same time, they will likely weed themselves down to just a few of the same or one/two of each.

I'd be a little worried about both a six line and a mandarin. Would need a productive fuge or have them trained to take pellets. Adding one on top of everything else you have or have planned is doable. I'm a fan of the mandarins.