• $451 - $500
    • $501 - $550
    • $551 - $600
    • $601 - $650
    • $651 - $700
    • $701 - $750
    • $751 - $800
    • Above $800

I average about $130 a month but before it was $55 a month as I got bigger tanks the bill was larger $75 for a 75 gallon with 2 x 250w MH. Now I currently run a 120 with the same lights and a few more pumps. The power actullay dropped until my mother stopped over for a few days and noticed a mold smell in the house. I went from a 100 month bill to the average $130 a month bill becasue of the dehumidifer. But my house is gas heated and just like Paul I went green were I could. I installed a Natural Gas tankless water heater for my condo. Works great and my average gas bill for the winter dropped from $135 a month to 65 a month. The unit as far as I know paid for its self in less than six months, plus I got a $96 rebate from the government on my taxes.

*THOUGHT* my tank was costing me ~$50 a month.

After tearing it down, my bill went down an average of $100 a month!!!

There's certain things you can't calculate...such as how much MORE my A/C was running to compensate for the added heat/humidity.

I'm thinking my tanks are about $200 a month. just do not let my wife know :wacko: my bill for december was $700.00 :blush:

With the electric being what it is I ended up calling the NOVEC power conservation folks and they said thos small maxijet pumps still draw in a lot of power because there running 24/7 365. But I wonder what kind of job do you guys have to pay powers bills like those. I darn near have a heart attack when the bill is more than $130. :wacko:

• 2 months later...

I did a test today and turned off my solar panels on my roof. Today is a light electricity day because there is no AC on or heat.

According to my power usage meter (pictured) today I am spending 7 cents an hour for electricity. Not very much.

I turned off the solar array and the price jumped up to 15 cents an hour.

My bill is more than cut in half and I am real happy about that. Of course today is a beautiful sunny day, the savings are not as great on a rainy day.

I installed the system almost two years ago.

There are great rebates for these systems that vary from state to state.

IMG_0449.jpg