Hector's Goby

Hilary

I've had a Hector's in my 24g nano for about a month, and am worried that he's losing weight. I feed a mix of Rod's herbivore mix, mysis, Fuzzy phytes (don't laugh) and Arcti pods, but I still never see him eating other than sifting sand once in a very great while. There is no real algae in the tank for him to nibble on, but the tank's been up for close to a year. Has anybody had experience with these fish, and what works to fatten them up? I'd hate to starve the little guy.

Three years ago I had one and it mostly nibbled on the sand and rock eating algea. It did eat very small mysis and cyclopeeze. Hope that helps

I've had a Hector's in my 24g nano for about a month, and am worried that he's losing weight. I feed a mix of Rod's herbivore mix, mysis, Fuzzy phytes (don't laugh) and Arcti pods, but I still never see him eating other than sifting sand once in a very great while. There is no real algae in the tank for him to nibble on, but the tank's been up for close to a year. Has anybody had experience with these fish, and what works to fatten them up? I'd hate to starve the little guy.

I'm feeding the PE mysis, but will try the turkey baster (hopefully won't scare him off). Haven't tried LBS nor LBW - hope that I don't have to resort to that! I'll try cyclopeez tonight and see if he responds..... Thanks guys!