Major lost of Aquarium Fish (Russia)

Lunker

I agree with Dave... that is just sad... I hope whoever caused that is brought up on charges, locked away and never sees the light of day again... short of that, put them before the firing squad.

Kevin, much as I think it's a horrible thing, that's a pretty extreme stance. People in our country can kill someone and barely get a slap on the wrist even when they do it purposefully, imagine the atrocities that happen in countries with lesser developed justice systems and fewer overall controls. Being a former criminal prosecutor, I struggle to see how shooting someone for doing their job, no matter the loss in fish lives, is an equitable remedy. I'd trade the life of a person for 10,000 fish any day (well, most people that is).

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I took a murder confession from a 15 year old about 10 years ago for shooting and killing a guy whom he had already shot and was on probation for shooting. We charged him as an adult and when he went to trial, the judge would not allow evidence of his prior crimes to be admitted into evidence and he was convicted of involuntary manslaughter and served a few years in juvenile detention versus the state pen where he should have been serving a life sentence. Cold blooded killer, served a few years in prison for killing someone without a second though and with no regrets, and has been walking free for the past 5+ years without any repercussions, meanwhile a person is rotting away in the ground.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Horse pucky. That is an average of $120 / fish. 4,000 fish coming from china were farm raised FW fish... no chance they were worth that much. Furthermore, any shipper worth doing business with will pack those fish such that a 15 hour delay would not cause losses.... a 15 hr delay could be expected from missed flights, weather delays or overloaded planes just coming here from CA.

Still stinks tho.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Wouldn't be the first time the Fox News distorted the truth.... Maybe they "forgot" to convert from rubles to dollars; 1 dollar is about 30 rubles.

I believe you mean Faux News! Yea i do not believe a word that comes from them. Unless it is useless infromation like where starsmucks is getting their new order of coffee from or that Paris hilton did it again. It is a shame but like Grave said comming from China there is not a big market for fish exports from their teratorial waters. And if the shipper was worth anything the fish would have been packed correct to be able to stand a few day delay.

LOL

If you haven't been to the Fox News bureaus -DC or NYC - go -

All the men are conservatives (nothing wrong with that) but ALL the women are >8 on the scale.

Judgement reserved but irony noted.