Empty 5 Gal container

Tee

Hi All,

I want to buy some 5 gal empty container with lid. The type that you go to the fish store to buy some RO water. Can you guy tell me where to get it? Call one of the LFS, and they said it's 18 for that empty container. Seem a bit too much for just a plastic container.

Thanks

Tea

LOL nevermind the bucket!!! Ha ha ha I thought you wanted a 5gl container like the salt buckets, I guess I confused RO with RC for Reef Crystals..... I need to stop free basing kalkwasser!! ;)

LOL nevermind the bucket!!! Ha ha ha I thought you wanted a 5gl container like the salt buckets, I guess I confused RO with RC for Reef Crystals..... I need to stop free basing kalkwasser!! ;)

Don't kid yourself........once you start, you can NEVER stop!! :wacko:

Sometimes the camping sections of Wlamart or Kmart have some really sturdy water containers, some of which are "flat" so they stack nicely away on top of each other, and they often have water spigots on them. Maybe a little more expensive than you want, but maybe worth a peek.

Oh, this is nice. Hopefully Walmart still have it. I am moving my 46 gal fish tank, and I don't know how to keep the rock in the water. It'll be so heavy. I think I might have to give up the SW tank.

Tea

I bought 5 gallon bottles at Walmart for around $8.

This style:

water_bottles_bt50001_2.gif

Oh, this is nice. Hopefully Walmart still have it. I am moving my 46 gal fish tank, and I don't know how to keep the rock in the water. It'll be so heavy. I think I might have to give up the SW tank.

Tea

I got mine from either Home Depot or Lowes - they were near the gas cans, but grey and labeled water. They were closing them out when I bought mine a few years ago. Plastic gas cans will work too - just make sure you relabel them.

Tea

Oh, if you're moving the tank I would definitely pick up a couple of the Hefty Brute trashcans. Put the rock and water in those, move the tank and then pump the water back into the tank. That may work better?

Freebase? That's way before crack.

Why not buy a used RO from a WAMAS member? Saves gas and time going to the LFS, plus you'll know exactly how much TDS are in your water unlike how much may or may not be in the giant RO tank at the LFS. It'll pay for itself in less than 6 months if you buy water from the LFS.

Brian,

Thanks a lot for the suggestion, I'll do the way you suggested. This is the first time I move SW tank, so it's a bit frustrating.

Oh, if you're moving the tank I would definitely pick up a couple of the Hefty Brute trashcans. Put the rock and water in those, move the tank and then pump the water back into the tank. That may work better?