Looking for Back Issues of Magazines/Catalogues

Kengar

I am looking for back issues of hobby magazines -- TFH, FAMA, etc. -- or catalogues from the 2000-2003 time period. Does anyone have any I could come out to review/borrow? (I am looking for speicific information.)

PM or email to kmfagin@yahoo.com

Thanks

Ebay usually has an ok selection of back issues of TFH. Not nearly as many as I would like, but its worth taking a look.

thanks. i may just end up ordering from companies what I can get if folks don't have collections I can refer to.

What exactly are you looking for information on? I would let you take a look at my collection, but it, alas, only goes about a year and a half back, with some holes.

These might help:

http://www.tfhmagazine.com/archives/article-index/

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/subject/index.php

Indexes for TFH, which I subscribe to and find very informative, and Reefkeeping online which has tons of great info but is only online AFAIK.

(edited)

Hi All, and thanks for the replies.

What I am looking for is two things, most likely in advertising. One, I would like to be able to demonstrate what a Perfecto (or similar) full hood lighting arrangement looked like prior to 2003, including if possible a picture showing it sitting on a tank and covering the whole top of the tank. Two, I would like to show that fans in lighting units were known and why (seems obvious to you and me, but I need to prove this). This is in relation to a patent matter I am working on; I will provide further details shortly, when I am able to do so.

Thanks for your assistance.

Edited by Kengar

While you are looking at old mag issues, looking at lighting ads and talking about patent law, why not find a ad for the solaris dated prior to the filing for that patent and inject that into the PFO case?

I've got back issues, I'll have a look.

phil

How about my issues of "The Marine Aquarist" in black and white from 1972? :clap:

scan0012.jpg

Paul, WOW! Just read your profile: "SCUBA diver since 1970, Viet Nam Vet, Retired construction electrician in NYC. Lisenced boat Capt. , Aquariums since the fiftees, salt since 1971.

My 100 gallon reef was set up in 1972 and is still running. Mostly soft corals.

I am currently breeding three pairs of gobies, a pair of Bangai cardinals, bluestripped pipefish and clown gobies.

I have one patent for a reef fish feeder and have published articles in three aquarium magazines."

Very impressive. Based on your 38 yrs of reefing, you are my nominee for "WAMAS member emeritus."

Steve

had such an ad been out there, there should not have been that lawsuit, since such art would have invalidated the relevant patent claims pronto. You can not have a patent on something that is referred to as prior art. If Orbitech asserted that their claims covered the Solaris fixture (i.e., that their claims described the Solaris fixture) but it turned out that Solaris fixture had been advertised before the Orbitech patents was filed, then that fact would have rendered the relevant Orbitech claims invalid on their face. Pfo would have presented it as exhibit 1, but there is no such exhibit in the record (with which i am as familiar with as possible). more later, if and when able to explain more

thanks, all, for helping here.