Stocked Reef tank set-up for sale

Ranger Ron

We got the bug to have a reef tank a couple years ago, and have had this one for about a year and a half. Relocation to another state is in our future and as painful as it is, we need to rehome our aquatic friends and the tank. Our desire would be to sell everything to someone willing to take the whiole set-up, but if need be we will return the livestock to the Marine Scene in Herndon, Virginia, from where they originally came, and provide that as a credit for whomever purchases the tank, refugium and stand so that they can have the credit as a start-up option. If we get some inquiries into the entire set-up we'll be back in touch quickly; otherwise we plan to bring the fish, corals, brittle stars, snails and all back to the MS and advertise the hardware separately. We've got over 4k invested and we're looking for offers.

Here's what we have right now:

(Non-living) 65-gallon All-Glass tank with overflow, 16(?) gallon Aquafuge MP acrylic refugium with CPR Urchin protein skimmer, hinged glass covers for tank, cherry tank stand with hinged canopy (good quality), 34-inch T-5 Aqualight, Aqua-Medic 200-watt titanium heater, Maxi-Jet powerheads (2-600 and 1-1200) , Aqualight digital control center, and numerous odds and ends.

(Living) 2 Ocellaris Clown fish, 1 firefish, 3 Scissortail Dartfish, 1 Green Mandarin Dragonet, 2 Green Chromies, 1 Yellow Damsel, and, 1 bubble anemone, 2 Galaxy Corals (one on a rock with a red plate coral attached, 1 Green Plate Coral, 1 Pink Acropora, 1 red Pipe Coral, 1 open brain (and one other that I can't identify at the moment but hopefully visable in the attached photographs), 1 Green Polyp colony, a colony of 15-20 Zoanthus polyps, a colony of about 10 Green striped mushrooms, a bunch of Waving hands, 3 good-sized Mithrax crabs, and various types of snails. Hopefully most should be visable in the photographs that we'll upload as soon as we figure out how.

Thanks for taking the time-

Hi Ron, sent you a PM about including the price for you sale and including a location.

Thanks alot dave, I'll get right to that. Quite the impressive list of equipment you've got on your posting. Many years of experience I suppose.

If you don't find a buyer for the entire setup, you'd do well to part everything out, including livestock. You'd be surprised how quickly stuff sells, and it will go even faster if you can post pics of the critters.

Good luck,

Jon

If you don't find a buyer for the entire setup, you'd do well to part everything out, including livestock. You'd be surprised how quickly stuff sells, and it will go even faster if you can post pics of the critters.

Good luck,

Jon

+1 Jon's right.

+1 Jon's right.

I'm sure Jon's right. Problem is the pictures I take seem to be too large in file size to post as there's apparently a 60kb limit. And Jon I checked your tank website and yes - that is one beautiful tank.

I'm sure Jon's right. Problem is the pictures I take seem to be too large in file size to post as there's apparently a 60kb limit. And Jon I checked your tank website and yes - that is one beautiful tank.

I know what you mean I've had my own issues with how to post pics in messages and album. I'm sorry, I can't help with this one.

If you are having trouble posting pics directly here, you can easily set up a flickr page for them.

Same with Photobucket. Just create an account for free and upload your pics. If the file sizes are large, Photobucket automatically re-sizes them for you. Then you just copy and paste the link to the photo right into the thread. Its that simple.

Same with Photobucket. Just create an account for free and upload your pics. If the file sizes are large, Photobucket automatically re-sizes them for you. Then you just copy and paste the link to the photo right into the thread. Its that simple.

I've been doing this with photobucket and then all of a sudden I can't do it anymore. I get an error message in WAMAS albums telling me to contact the admin.

(edited)

This is a test image...

IMG_1137.jpg

So this is how it should be done. When you are in the text box...to the right of the (faces :lol2: ) is "Insert Link" and "Insert Image". Click on "Insert Image." Then post the link to the image...should look like this--->>> http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/Na...85/IMG_1137.jpg

And that should work every time. Is that how you were doing it Jan?

Edited by Nate

This is a test image...

IMG_1137.jpg

So this is how it should be done. When you are in the text box...to the right of the (faces :lol2: ) is "Insert Link" and "Insert Image". Click on "Insert Image." Then post the link to the image...should look like this--->>> http://i268.photobucket.com/albums/jj40/Na...85/IMG_1137.jpg

And that should work every time. Is that how you were doing it Jan?

Folks I am not real PC savey, and I become more confused with every response. I'm going to bed now and maybe we can pick this up again soon.

post-2632001-1247950925_thumb.jpg

We got the bug to have a reef tank a couple years ago, and have had this one for about a year and a half. Relocation to another state is in our future and as painful as it is, we need to rehome our aquatic friends and the tank. Our desire would be to sell everything to someone willing to take the whole set-up, but if need be we will return the livestock to the Marine Scene in Herndon, Virginia, from where they originally came, for a store credit and provide a portion of that as a credit for whomever purchases the tank, refugium and stand. If we get some inquiries into the entire set-up we'll be back in touch quickly. We've got over 4k invested but will let the entire set-up, with all the livestock, go for $1650 to a good home.

Here's what we have right now:

(Non-living) 65-gallon All-Glass tank with overflow, 16(?) gallon Aquafuge MP acrylic refugium with flourescent light and CPR Urchin protein skimmer, hinged glass covers for tank, cherry tank stand with hinged canopy (good quality), TEK 4-bulb 34-inch T-5 Aqualight, Aqua-Medic 250-watt titanium heater, Maxi-Jet powerheads (2-600, 1-900 and 1-1200) , Aqualight digital control center, Mag-7 refugium to tank pump and 1 new spare, and numerous odds and ends.

(Living) 50-60 pounds of Tonga and Figi live rock, 2 False Percula Clown fish with a bubble-tip anemone friend, 1 red firefish, 3 Scissortail Gobys , 1 Green Mandarin Dragonet, 2 Green Chromies, 2 Azure Damsels, Galaxy Astrata Coral, Galaxy Astrada Coral (on a rock with a red Montiporia coral attached), 1 Green Montiporia Coral, 1 Pink Acropora, 1 Red Pipe Coral, 1 open brain coral, 1 Trumpet Coral, 1 Hammer Coral, 1 Blastomussa (Pineapple) Coral, 1 Green Star Polyp, a colony of 15-20 Zoanthus polyps, a colony of about 8 Green striped mushrooms, a large colony of Waving hands, 3 small Tree Coral, 3 good-sized Mithrax crabs, 2 large Brittle Stars, 1 Skunk Cleaner Shrimp, 2 Peppermint Shrimp, 1 Short-Spined Urchin, also a small number of Blue Legged Hermit Crabs, Burgandy Legged Hermit Crabs, and various types of snails . Hopefully some are visable in the attached photograph. Still working on a way to attach more photographs.

We're in Oak Hill, Virginia, just off of West Ox Road about 5 minutes from the Dulles Toll Road or Route 50. Thanks for taking the time to read this.

• 3 months later...

We will be relocating soon and, as much as it pains us, we can't take our tank & aquatic friends. We had a previous posting some months ago, but we're now hoping to find someone who wants a pretty nice set-up (65-gallon All Glass tank, refugium, cherry cabinet and canopy, pumps, 80+-lbs of live rock, and a multitude of corals, crabs, shrimp and fish). We just want to keep it simple and be as assured as we can that we're leaving everyone in good hands. Please see our previous post for information on the tank, accesories and livestock. We're asking for $750.00 for everything.

Only one thread allowed, merged two threads together.

Sorry but I don't know what you mean. I thought I had started a new message, but apparently not. Suggestion?

Since you are not a paying club member you can not see our "for sale" section. As a "BB member" you are allowed a one time posting of livestock/equipment for sale in the "general discussion" section if you are leaving the hobby or moving form the area. Dave just merged your new post with the older post so you can stay within the one thread limit. Plus it allows everyone to see your previous information that you posted about your setup.

Hi Wayne. Let me know what you want to know about the tank and I'll get right back to you. Ron

Thanks for the assistance and for the advice. I'm stilll not very well-versed at using this site but everyone's been helpful.

I am interested at non-living.

E mail : Fabibonetti@aol.com

Thank you. We are still trying to offer the entire set-up. We certainly understand that this probably requires someone who already has other tanks that they can settle the livestock into while the new tank gets conditioned. We appreciate your interest and we'll certainly keep your offer in mind.