hi all

NamReefs

hi all. i just got the flame angelfish today but im so worry about it trying to touch my coral and my clam. does anyone already have one doesnt touch coral and clam??

my clearner wrassess trying to bite my neon goby i just got from petland today but i check very careful before i buy it but no idea why it like that happen~~ :wacko: :wacko: please give me some idea

Just watch the flame, they are hit or miss. In many cases, if you keep the angel fed well, he'll leave your coral alone. Although I doubt it will bother the clam, it may nip at acro polyps. As for the cleaner wrasse, he's doing what comes naturally, he's trying to clean the new fish.

Just watch the flame, they are hit or miss. In many cases, if you keep the angel fed well, he'll leave your coral alone. Although I doubt it will bother the clam, it may nip at acro polyps. As for the cleaner wrasse, he's doing what comes naturally, he's trying to clean the new fish.

the clearner wrassess i think he try try to eat my neon goby.

i hope the flame angel not going to bother my clam otherwise i will lost alot money on clam i had been spend for. :cry: :cry:

the clearner wrassess i think he try try to eat my neon goby.

i hope the flame angel not going to bother my clam otherwise i will lost alot money on clam i had been spend for. :cry: :cry:

The cleaner wrasse is probably trying to clean him. Mine is an animal and eats EVERYTHING I throw in the tank - it try's to clean everything that doesn't move fast enough - including me ;)

I haven't heard or read anything good about Flames in mixed reef - but no personal experience with them (thankfully cause they are a pain to get out if you have a problem!)

Dwarf angels are omnivores- they'll eat just about anything including coral polyps and clams. The only one that is relatively safe is the Coral Beauty.

Get rid of the Flame and save yourself a future headache. Buy your fish wisely- if it has a potential to cause a problem with your fish or corals, don't buy it.

My Flame angel is a model citizen. As Kevin G sez....."Just watch it, they can be hit or miss." Please Learning; do a little more research and reading before you buy something just because it is pretty. You can save yourself a lot of money that you are concerned about!

Bob

Dwarf angels are omnivores- they'll eat just about anything including coral polyps and clams. The only one that is relatively safe is the Coral Beauty.

Get rid of the Flame and save yourself a future headache. Buy your fish wisely- if it has a potential to cause a problem with your fish or corals, don't buy it.

Cherub angels do not bother corals, but they don't have the coloring of a flame or coral beauty.

It would be a good idea in the future to ask other people about their experiences with particular fish & livestock combinations before actually making a purchase, because it only takes one bad choice to ruin a reef or lose prized livestock.

Thank you all bro!! I will be better next time thanks alot for of your experience. :rollface: :lol2:

I had a pair of flames in my main tank for years and now I just have a single one. My main tank has SPS, LPS and soft corals. I have never noticed him eating any of them. This is just my experience.

I have a Flame, Coral Beauty, and a Key Hole angel. They were great for quite a while but in the last 3 months they started going after my Acans and Scoly. The corals are in egg crate cages right now. I will be removing the angels next week. I will be selling them.

(edited)

Treesprite, are you talking about Centropygae argi? I have one, and have caught him nipping at my zoanthids a few times, but never at any of my other softies. He could have just been nipping algae off the surface though. As for color, they certainly aren't as stand out as flame angels, but I think he's an absolutely beautiful shade of purple and blue. Just my opinion :)

Edited by miniflea