Tunze Nano DOC protein skimmer 9002

Jan

I've got this skimmer and I'm ALWAYS having to adjust it. It does not produce very much, if any, skimmate. I'd like to hear from someone who has one. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? PM me please. Thank you.

I've got this skimmer and I'm ALWAYS having to adjust it. It does not produce very much, if any, skimmate. I'd like to hear from someone who has one. Maybe I'm doing something wrong? PM me please. Thank you.

I have one, mine skims well. the water height is the issue with these skimmers. make sure the water is at the little water line on the skimmer. You'll have to adjust the blue screw to start getting skimmate in the riser tube on the cup. Leave it alone then and see if it starts to skim.

I have one, mine skims well. the water height is the issue with these skimmers. make sure the water is at the little water line on the skimmer. You'll have to adjust the blue screw to start getting skimmate in the riser tube on the cup. Leave it alone then and see if it starts to skim.

We have one on my wife's nano and it work great. Follow what ( dtfleming ) said and it should be O.K. It took a little while to get it dialed in but once we did it works great.

I have the 9005 but it sits in a box ready for the garbage. I have had so many problems with the darn thing. It was a good working skimmer and I adjusted about three times until I read the directions, I imagine now it would work but you have to keep it at a certain water level in order for it to properly skim. It has been replaced by my Euro Reef skimmer. Which by far is a simple design.

Thanks everyone. It's a very sensitive skimmer. It's definately the water level. What a PITA!