Where to find plumbing items locally

sheffboyrd

Hey everybody,

I'm not very familiar with the LFSs so I'm not sure what I can get and where. Hopefully some of you can point me in the right direction. I'm located in Gaithersburg, MD but can drive wherever if I have to. Right now I'm hoping to find plumbing parts; in particular bulkheads and fittings that can be tougher to find at lowe's or HD. I can order them online thru marine depot, but I'd rather pay a few dollars in gas money and support a LFS than pay for shipping. Besides then I get to see all the toys too :clap:

blue ribbon koi, which will be quite adrive for you, has the largest plumbing supply of any LFS Ive seen. The Marine Scene has a good one too.

Aquarium One in Rockville also has some bulkheads. Selection isn't as much as BRK, but it's a little bit closer.

If you need something in Gaithersburg give a call to Tropical Fish World to see if they have or can order what you need (301-921-0000). TFW is in the Walnut Hill shopping center on 355 where Bottom Dollar is, a block before Shady Grove Rd. They are very good about ordering things they don't have (from history anyway).

Aquarium One is on 355 in Rockville, in the Wintergreen Plaza shopping center next to a Bloom grocery store. They usually have some stuff in stock so maybe you wouldn't have to order anything

Also, check out Aquatic Creation on 355 in Ijamsville- they carry a lot of plumbing parts, probably more than any store I have seen.