Tank leak help

Brian

OK not sure where the leak is coming from but it look like it is coming from one of the corner of my 90 just under the hood. Now how safe is it to pull off the hood drain some of the water and then re-caulk around where I think the leak is? Now this would be on the inside of the tank. Also would probably run a bead of caulk all around the out side of the trim. Also thought it was wierd that the leak only appears during the day with the lights on. At night there is no leak. I've put towels along the bottom of the stand to find out when the leak is occuring.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

A few questions. Do you think the water is coming from the corner seam or is the water coming over the top edge of the glass and out from behind the trim? Could it be condensate from the when the lights are on? Do you have it set up for more water flow during the day then at night which might make the water splash out?

Yeah it looks like just that corner is wet and it looks to be coming from under the molding. I thought it was condensation but there is only water present at that corner. The flow is same during the night and during the day. At first I thought one of the fish was splasht the water but sat and watched for a couple of hours and no splashing but just a drip drip every now and then.

Also if I low the water lvl so that I can caulk how long till I can turn the pumps back on? Is there a special caulk I should use so I don't kill everything in the tank?

Thanks