overflow down a horozontal pipe, is it possible?

queloque

Origami2547, in your 1st picture, why did you go with a flex pipe with for draining??

And you said draining is 1 1/2 inch, right. I'm going to buy piping this weekend.

Thanks

Origami2547, in your 1st picture, why did you go with a flex pipe with for draining??

And you said draining is 1 1/2 inch, right. I'm going to buy piping this weekend.

Thanks

I used flexible PVC (in very limited areas) for two reasons: First, for installation flexibility - I didn't have to line things up just so; and, second, for noise suppression (suppressing transmitted vibration). If you use flexible PVC, be aware that you treat it a little differently than hard PVC. Don't use primer on it, for example, as it weakens the joint in a long term sense; and use medium pvc cement on it, too, rather than the thin stuff. As for where I used it: I used it in my stand between my display drains / returns and the wall (along one leg only) and I used it at the input and output of my main pump. Everything else is hard PVC.

1-1/2 inch PVC would be the minimum that I'd use if you're merging two one inch drains if you want to retain full drainage capacity.

(edited)
I used flexible PVC (in very limited areas) for two reasons: First, for installation flexibility - I didn't have to line things up just so; and, second, for noise suppression (suppressing transmitted vibration). If you use flexible PVC, be aware that you treat it a little differently than hard PVC. Don't use primer on it, for example, as it weakens the joint in a long term sense; and use medium pvc cement on it, too, rather than the thin stuff. As for where I used it: I used it in my stand between my display drains / returns and the wall (along one leg only) and I used it at the input and output of my main pump. Everything else is hard PVC.

1-1/2 inch PVC would be the minimum that I'd use if you're merging two one inch drains if you want to retain full drainage capacity.

So are you saying, the existing 1 1/2 inch pvc pipe in my overflows should, via the bulkhead convert to a 1 inch horizontal pvc that runs horizontal to my sump?

And my exiting 1 inch return that sits inside the overflow should me merged from a 1 1/4 pvc?

I'm about to go to lows and I want to be sure I got this right.

Thanks.

Edited by queloque

No, I'm not. You have 1-1/2 inch overflows? Many setups have 1" drains and 3/4" returns. Please describe your setup more completely please. We're kind of going 'round and 'round.

No, I'm not. You have 1-1/2 inch overflows? Many setups have 1" drains and 3/4" returns. Please describe your setup more completely please. We're kind of going 'round and 'round.

No worries I took a drive to Blue Ribbon Koi and we mapped out the best solution for plumbing. I'll let you know how it comes out. Sorry for the confusion.

Looking forward to some pix. I'm also glad that you've taken a trip over to BRK. A lot of people here are envious that you're so close. :)