Longevity of T5's...

lanman

I just changed the lights over my 58 tonight. They were 18 months old (I was told 18 months was maximum).

WRONG!!

Tank is WAY WAY brighter with new lights. I recommend not running them over 15 months.

bob

I still have mine past 24 months...... 5' bulbs are not easy to order :( That's why I'm changing to MH

This does not seem too tough to me. Look here: http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageA...mp;Category=515

Anywho, I change T5 @ 8-9 months. They degrade at about 8 months or so. VHOs get about 6 - 8 months. Believe me, you will have less coral problems changing bulbs on this schedule.

This does not seem too tough to me. Look here: http://www.hellolights.com/index.asp?PageA...mp;Category=515

Anywho, I change T5 @ 8-9 months. They degrade at about 8 months or so. VHOs get about 6 - 8 months. Believe me, you will have less coral problems changing bulbs on this schedule.

T12 VHO??!! I need T5 VHO :) HelloLight doesn't carry T5 in 60"..........

Edited by TROLL

Premium Aquatics carries a wide variety of 80W T5's, too. Head over to www.premiumaquatics.com to see the selection. You can get them from Nadir over at www.fishnreef.com. He's a new, local vendor that supports WAMAS.

Great article by the way. I've saved a copy for future reference. Unfortunately, I just changed out my t5's a couple of weeks ago.

Edited by Origami2547

Cool- I'm signing up for Sunlight Supply so I will wait on those bulbs, I'll get them at lower price. Thanks for links, I'll check them for reference. Never heard of fishnreef.com but will contact him soon.

I still have mine past 24 months...... 5' bulbs are not easy to order :( That's why I'm changing to MH

As long as you're using Geisseman - BRK can order them for you. That's where I got mine. At least I hope I can still get them there...

bob