Moving sale: 40g breeder (custom acrylic) and stand--$50

scarletknight06

Sorry, it's been a while since I've been on the forums here, but I thought I remembered that moving sale posts could be in this forum--sorry if I'm mistaken.

My wife and I are moving to AZ in a couple of months and unfortunately I can't take my tank with me. The price is so low for 2 reasons: 1) I need to get it out of here; and 2) it needs a little elbow grease--see below.

Tank

-40g breeder, acrylic, custom built by socal creations in 2005. 3/8" acrylic all around w/ eurobracing.

-center overflow with a drain and return hole (I believe it's 1' drain and 3/4' return).

-the tank has a number of holes drilled for a closed loop (or you could plug them up). There's 4 holes in the eurobracing--one in each corner (for 3/4' pvc I believe). Originally I used these holes for a closed loop return via an oceans motion squirt. There's also 2 holes in the rear of the tank that you can see in the picture, again I believe they're for 3/4' pvc, which served as the closed loop intake.

-the tank needs a good cleaning. It does have some scratching, but no deep gouges that I can find. It would probably look great w/ an acrylic scratch remover kit. The light scratches are probably from my turtle (or rather his claws), who has lived in this for the past 2 years.

-the biggest project to get this tank ready for your reef would be to "fix" the overflow. My turtle has been living in it for the past 2 years. I made him an over the tank basking area, and, thus, I had to raise the water level by covering the overflow teeth. Thin pieces of acrylic were glued over the teeth to do this. All you'd need to do is dremel them out. I could do it myself but I don't have the right bit for my rotary tool.

-I didn't use any freshwater chemicals or medicines in this tank

Stand

-custom built out of 2x4's by an old friend. has some nice molding/trim around it. There are holes in the top of it to match the drain and return hole in the overflow.

-my cat has really done a number on it in a few places (scratches/knicks), but it's simply cosmetic. You could sand and putty the trouble spots then restain it, or you could sand the whole thing and restain it and it'd look like new.

-the interior of the stand is painted w/ exterior latex paint and sealed around the edges w/ silicone to prevent water damage

If you have any questions let me know. With $25-50 this could be a great looking tank/stand combo.

I live in Arlington and can deliver it w/i a reasonable distance (I've got a truck), but if you're further than 20-30 miles from me I'd ask for a little gas money.

You can call me at 703 980 7866 or email me at jhupp@gmu.edu.

-Jonathan

2aorol.jpg

n5pkcy.jpg

1zluk3s.jpg

radg2f.jpg

And if he changes his mind... I can meet you somewhere up in Fairfax with my pickup. I'll take it.

And I have every bit known to man for my dremel. :)

bob

Edited by lanman

(edited)

I'm in Arlington, VA (Clarendon area). Please call me at 703 980 7866 or email at jhupp@gmu.edu

I'll give preference to the person who can pick up or arrange a drop off today.

Edited by scarletknight06