Bulkhead trouble

droyal1110

If you remember, it might be helpful for others if you can post pics of each side of the seal and how you put them in.

Good idea. I thought of taking more pics but I didn't want to reach for the new cell phone with all the crud on my hands and what not. I figure I'll make a little how to essentially.

Also I should note, if you ever have to remove a bulkhead or thick plastic (and solid putty on top of that) use a coping saw or other small fine tipped saw. Maybe its the dremel I have, but it just didn't do the job, I think mine might be a POS though.

Thanks.

I just noticed you mentioned you used teflon tape. I would not do this. This can prevent you from tightening it enough against the glass.

Oh really? Thanks I had no idea, I'll be sure to remove that.

Also I pulled out the new bulkhead (the one I shredded last night) and the previous owners bulkhead, the previous owners is slightly larger but its because it is slip fitted on both sides, whereas my new one is threaded on both sides.

Well I was finally able to get the help I needed maneuvering the tank back in place and installing the bulkheads and modified plumbing. The plumbing isn't the prettiest, but it works. On top of that... the bulkheads fit, do not leak, and work great! Thank you so much to everyone who helped me through my suffering =D

FWIW, the ribs to go down, I know I talked to John at BRK and he said he didn't know that it was supposed to be like that, any several people have installed them ribs up. Either way, ribs down worked for me.

Thanks again!

The removal of the leaky bulkhead I decided to putty.

IMG00022-20090414-2109.jpg

IMG00023-20090414-2110.jpg

I actually ended up ruining my new 1" bulkhead again, I was moving the tank and I think I caught the pipe on something and it popped the bulkhead and I think stripped the thread or just dislodged the gasket, either way I don't mind throwing 7 bucks to a new one again, I can live with no leaks and a few extra dollars.

I actually ended up ruining my new 1" bulkhead again, I was moving the tank and I think I caught the pipe on something and it popped the bulkhead and I think stripped the thread or just dislodged the gasket, either way I don't mind throwing 7 bucks to a new one again, I can live with no leaks and a few extra dollars.

Sorry for the mishap. Good perspective, though.

"If it ain't one thing, it's another." - Roseanne Roseanadana