Camera advice

steveoutlaw

Apparently the camera that I got is too complicated for my wife. I have been given the edict that I get her a camera that is point and shoot and will fit in her pocket. So, can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

Apparently the camera that I got is too complicated for my wife. I have been given the edict that I get her a camera that is point and shoot and will fit in her pocket. So, can anybody point me in the right direction?

Thanks.

yea, contact beltway, he just passed his bar exam.

Do you wanna borrow an older elph series. Just so your wife can see if she likes small itty bitty point and shoots? Just let me know.. I have a 2nd generation S200.

I am in the market for a new point and shoot camera and I have been doing quite a bit of research and this is what I came up with:

Canon has the best image quality when if comes down to point and shoot cameras.

Olympus has great rugged cameras that will allow you to take underwater pictures and can take a fall.

Sanyo has a great little camera that will take underwater pictures and allow you to take some decent video.

However, Canon, for the first time, is coming out with a waterproof camera, point and shoot, that is supposed to blow the competition away. It is, in my opinion, a butt ugly camera, it does however, have great specs. It will come out in may and I will probably get that one.

It is the Canon Powershot D10.

41YlZjywPRL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

You can pre-order at Amazon .

It even has a special setting for aquarium pictures!! Being able to take a macro picture of a coral, inside of your tank will yield the best pictures of your corals. Getting the picture quality of Canon cameras will make your wife happy with any picture she takes in any setting.

Some specs:

* 12.1-megapixel CCD captures enough detail for photo-quality poster-size prints

* Waterproof to 33 feet, cold resistant from 14-104 degrees (F) and shockproof up to 4 feet

* DIGIC 4 Image Processor; evolved Face Detection Technology plus Face Detection Self-timer

* Smart AUTO intelligently selects the proper settings

* Compatible with SD/SDHC, MMC/MMC Plus/HC MMC Plus (not included)

Maybe the experts (143Gadgets) can chip in with their recommendation. I would love to hear as well.

Thanks.

What's the budget, and how small does she really mean by "fit in her pocket"? Those two factors will control everything in regards to camera specs.

I have the Cannon Power Shot SD750. The size of a credit card and .75" wide. Love the pictures I can get with it. Even some decent macro shoots.

HTH

Ron

All of the pictures I've posted for the last year or so have been from a simple little

Canon PowerShot SD750 Digital ELPH.

I want manual focus available - which it doesn't have; it can be very tricky to get some pictures in my tanks. But for general point and shoot, it is great. It does have lots of settings; but you don't need them for 99% of what she might want to take pictures of.

bob

Wow that D10 looks awesome... I would buy that... I have an underwater camera case for my little SD10 and it took AWESOME pictures underwater... like this.... thats from a 4 year old 4.0 MP Canon Elph SD10 in an underwater case....

gallery_1725_4_111112.jpg

Edited by reefhunter

Thats what I am thinking. The Canon will work great for everyday shots and will allow me to do underwater macro shots!!

Hey, nice meeting you today.... glass tanks are heavy!!!! :biggrin: