Tank Tour / Newbie Info Session this weekend in Annandale?

rsarvis

When I first joined Wamas in Nov 2006, there were a couple info sessions for newbies, and tank tours seemed to be more common.

So I figured I'd test the waters to see if there's interest in something like that for this weekend or the following one. I can host in Annandale, VA (I live really close to Wally's, for those of you who know where that is).

Would people be interested in a Saturday morning tank tour/info session?

Anybody into college basketball can stay to watch that. I have a projector setup that's pretty nice, though I still need to put up a sheet or something to block the sunlight during the day (I usually don't watch much TV at night).

(edited)

Bump...

Seeing if there's interest, though it appears interest is lackluster? Is it because this weekend is bad, Annandale is inconvenient, or people don't like me? :lol: :eek:

Edited by rsarvis

Great idea!!!! I know we have some new comers, so this would help out anyone new to the trade. Besides, he has a great 180g set up that is worth seeing. I only wish it had been available when I first got into the hobby.

IMHO with the weather getting nicer, I just think people are making plans more than a week ahead. If you had planned this several weeks in advance, I myself would be there.

I would love to do these! I am a noob and would love to see some cool tanks and be able to ask some questions!

I work Saturday but could Sunday's Annandale is great for me!

Thanks for suggesting it,

Laura

I am still new to this whole gig and would love to see other people's tanks and talk shop. It is one thing to see it in a lfs, another to see someones more personal touch to a tank.

Since Laura can't do Saturday, let's try Sunday. Does Sunday morning work, say 11am?

4713 Major Court

Alexandria, VA 22312

510-681-4996

No objections, so Sunday at 11 it is... all are welcome...

leave a note in the thread if you plan to stop in..thanks!

4713 Major Court

Alexandria, VA 22312

510-681-4996

No objections, so Sunday at 11 it is... all are welcome...

leave a note in the thread if you plan to stop in..thanks!

4713 Major Court

Alexandria, VA 22312

510-681-4996

I'll be there.

Hey, Big Thanks to Rob for having a couple of new reef tank people over today to watch his really cool tank, ask questions and share info.

Thanks so much!

Laura

Hey, Big Thanks to Rob for having a couple of new reef tank people over today to watch his really cool tank, ask questions and share info.

Thanks so much!

Laura

I second that. Great time with some really nice people. Very easy, very nice. It was nice meeting you both.

Thank you Rob!

I am sad I missed it :( Had to do the church thing, and the wife was a little ill, so I had to watch the little tykes.

I am glad you got started this thread, we need to keep stuff like this up!

Sorry i missed out. I was helping another Wamas member move his tank to his new house. I would invite people to my house to see my tank, but i live so far out i dont think i would have to many takers.

Lynn

Edited by lhcorals