Give me your pump recomendation for this scenario.

johnnybv

(edited)

I am hooking up my 2 new water tanks, one for RO and one for saltwater. They are huge 89"tall 250 gallon tanks, and I want to instal pumps on each that would continually recirculate the water and have a valve that I can open to dispense the water. What I am looking for is model and brand of pumps that will perform around the following.

1200 gph can pump to 8' with at least 1/2 that gph

wattage draw below 140 w

External, as all the plumbing will be from the 2" bulkhead at the bottom.

reliable, and quite, inexpensive. (2 will be running all the time)

just need some thoughts, I already have a plan, but I want to see if there are any pumps that I have missed considering.

thanks

John

Edited by johnnybv

(edited)

The Reeflo Snapper will give you almost 1200 gph for about 100 Watts at 8' - how about that? Too much flow? Add some valve resistance and it will actually use less power. Plumbing is 1-1/2" FPT in / out. Looks to be about $200 retail nowadays. 3 year warranty. Should be quiet, too.

(BTW, that 40W reduction, for a pump running 24/7/365 should save you about $35 per year in operations costs at $0.10 per kWh.)

Edited by Origami2547

The Reeflo Snapper will give you almost 1200 gph for about 100 Watts at 8' - how about that? Too much flow? Add some valve resistance and it will actually use less power. Plumbing is 1-1/2" FPT in / out. Looks to be about $200 retail nowadays. 3 year warranty. Should be quiet, too.

(BTW, that 40W reduction, for a pump running 24/7/365 should save you about $35 per year in operations costs at $0.10 per kWh.)

yep, been considered, thanks

I use a hammerhead to run this water mixing system at my FL greenhouse:

IMG_3633.jpg

Those are 500 gal cylinders, so I'll bet a snapper or dart would be your best bet for 2x250g

The trick is to plumb the drain in the exact center of the cylinders, that way you get a perfect whirlpool all the way to the bottom. The effect is excellent oxygenation of the water without having to continually introduce air from outside and contaminating the water. I will try to get a photo of it in action, it is really neat to watch.

The trick is to plumb the drain in the exact center of the cylinders, that way you get a perfect whirlpool all the way to the bottom. The effect is excellent oxygenation of the water without having to continually introduce air from outside and contaminating the water. I will try to get a photo of it in action, it is really neat to watch.

That's cool. I'm looking forward to a picture of this.