CORAL magazine

zygote2k

I got my/the first issue yesterday. This is a very informative and colorful magazine for reef hobbyists. It's every bit as good as Aquarium Frontiers- just more pages.

The 1st issue has almost everything you wanted to know about Mandarin breeding and all about Triggerfishes too.

Check it out.

Not to burst the bubble - I'm glad you like it. I signed up when it first came out - Volume 1 Issue 1. And, I have found them to be very incompetent. Yes, the photography is nice, articles are informative, but I had issues with their editing and record-keeping.

I found numerous - over several different volumes/issues - grammatical errors. Not just improper use of language, but also sentences with no periods, comma splices, run-ons, etc. The worst case I ever came across was an entire three or four paragraphs repeated. I was reading along, and all of a sudden, I found myself in a deja vu experience. So, thinking I had dazed off and read the same portion twice, I reread the article. Sure enough, multiple paragraphs (word for word) printed twice.

Then, I moved and called them - actually spoke to a living person - to change my shipping address. Nothing. Called again, and still they were shipping to my old address (where, by the way, my EXgirlfriend was still living...). Three issues later, I finally started receiving it at my new place.

Then, one time I resubscribed, missed an issue, then a second - this magazine comes out every other month. Never received my backlogged magazines. I let the subscription run out and never renewed.

Mike

Edited by OUsnakebyte

See here: http://www.wamas.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=27918 what I posted back on Jan. 28, 2009.

Mike - Is it an old issue you had edit problems or the newest one?

Cheers,

News - new U.S. Publisher

As many of you know, CORAL Magazine is hailed by critics as "the world's best reefkeeping magazine." This is why I was so alarmed to learn that, in late 2008, the magazine's previous publisher did not intend to complete the December issue. Thankfully Reef to Rainforest Media and and Microcosm Books Editor James Lawrence stepped in to ensure that CORAL would continue. I am proud to be part of the new CORAL, and I hope you will consider joining us as a subscriber before our first issue mails during the last week of January.

Kindly,

Anth-

CORAL Magazine / Reading Trees

Don't miss this historic issue! Subscribe today.

Coral Magazine | 823 Ferry Road | PO Box 550 | Charlotte | VT | 05445

Mike - Is it an old issue you had edit problems or the newest one?

These problems were during old, past issues - I let my subscription run out ~2-2.5 years ago.

Sounds like my Maxim magazine subscription. I would call and call, with every time them telling me they saved the new address change. I ended up finding out I was not calling the magazine but rather there distribution warehouse and they could careless if you got your magazine. Sometimes its best to cancel your subscrition and restart another. But after all the headache I just rather read fish related articles on the net.