Neptune pH Probe question

Boxxr

I am a new user to the AC3 and recently picked up a lab grade pH probe. When I opened the box of the probe, there was a significant amount of salt crystals near the bottom of the probe. Is this normal for a new device? I wanted to get an idea prior to calibrating the device and placing it in my tank.

Thanks,

-Karl

The tip of the probe should have had a rubber cap on it, soaking in some type of solution inside. At least all of mine did.

After taking the foam out of the box that it was shipped in, I see that the blue fluid is on the bottom of the box. It appears that the stuff that looks like salt is that blueish green fluid and it have leaked out under the cap or something. I just cant tell how much has and how critical that is.

thanks,

Karl

dip it in vinegar, rinse in water and follow the directions for calibration.

If it won't calibrate, you have your answer.

Okay, I will do.

Thanks.

If it doesn't calibrate, contact Neptune for a replacement.

I think this one is defective. It even tells me so :) After settling with the two different solutions (7.0 & 10.0), the display comes up and says 'probe defective restoring'.

This is not starting off well. At least I can communicate to the device via the internet.

-Karl

Edited by Boxxr

I think this one is defective. It even tells me so :) After settling with the two different solutions (7.0 & 10.0), the display comes up and says 'probe defective restoring'.

This is not starting off well. At least I can communicate to the device via the internet.

-Karl

Sounds like it's dried out. Give Neptune (or your vendor) a call....